Watts Lake - Large Land Package
IN THE WORLD’S TOP-RATED MINING JURISDICTION
Watts Lake Zinc Project
Watts Lake is a large contiguous land package covering 13,248 hectares, in the established, deposit endowed La Ronge Domain, of Saskatchewan.
It is located approximately 65 km north north-east of the town of La Ronge, SK and 20km northwest of the community of Missinipe, SK. The well maintained gravel Provincial Highway 102 runs north from La Ronge, through Missinipe to Reindeer Lake and its closest point is approximately 12.5km east of the property.
The project covers multiple, parallel basement conductive corridors, including the ~14km long Borys Lake Corridor, which hosts the historic Borys Lake zinc-lead deposit as well as numerous other mineralized occurrences. The property has been explored and developed sporadically since the mid 50’s by several companies.
Ross McElroy, Director and Chief Geologist, said:
“Historic data on Watts Lake dates back more than 50 years. However, significant progress is being made compiling the project’s historic data into a comprehensive modern geological database. Locating and confirming a number of historic trenches in the field is a critical step towards providing confidence in the strength of this large mineralized system. We are very encouraged to see that assays not only confirmed historic results, but in several instances exceeds them. The strong high-grade silver mineralization associated with zinc and lead in the Borys Lake zone and its association with copper mineralization in the Cominco Zones adds an additional dimension to the potential of the Watts Lake project. A winter drill campaign is currently being planned, which will be designed to test for additional mineralization.”
- Location: Watts Lake, Saskatchewan
- ~13,248 ha property in Saskatchewan, close to major highway
- Main Zone has 975m of strike length and open on strike and depth and was first drilled in 1972 and estimated to contain 1,336,500 tons grading 1.91% combined* Zn-Pb from surface to a shallow 30m depth
- Numerous mineralized surface drill intersections including occurrences of zinc, copper, silver, gold, nickel and cobalt that are over a 4.5km strike length.
* This is a historic non-43101 compliant resource estimate – Shine Minerals has not done work to verify this, therefore it can not be relied upon. For more information, please view our Legal Disclosure.
History of the Land Package
Historic sampling of surface trenches of outcrop on the property date back to 1963. Records indicate that it has been several decades since many of the historic trenches were last investigated and sampled.
The Watts Lake property has been explored and developed sporadically since the mid 50’s by several companies, most recently Claude Resources Inc. in the early 90’s. The initial phase of Ironside’s work is designed to compile and verify historic work on the property, including locating and surveying historic surface trenches and drill collars and reviewing drill core as available.